Boy, what a fun week it has been as the host of the BSI! Thanks to everyone who entered, it was so exciting to see the entries come in! With 15 entries, it was really hard to decide. All of the entries were creative and sounded delicious. The contestants were:
- Shannon at Tri to Cook: Kale Skins
- Jenna at Eat, Live Run: BBQ Beans with Kale
- Kath at KathEats: Butternut Squash and Kale Soup
- Mara at What’s For Dinner: Zuppa Toscana Ala Mara
- Brandi at BranAppetit: Green, Eggs and Ham Pizza & Creamy Curried Lentil and Kale Soup
- Sweetie Pie at Just Sweet Enough: Crispy Kale Salad with toasted Walnuts and Pomegranate Drizzle
- Laure at Hey, Mom, What’s For dinner: Sauteed Greens
- Sarah at Tales of Expansion: Kale Crust Pizza & Stuffed Kale Leaves
- Spiceaholic at One Bite at a Time: Panchphoran Potatoes and Kale
- Scrumptious at In My Box: Raw Kale Salad
- Erin at Life is Yumbo: Imposter Pesto Sauce
- Becca at Bites of the Day: Garam Masala Kale
- Hallie at Healthy Twists: Chickpea and Kale Curry
- Biz at Biggest Diabetic Loser: Bean Soup with Winter Vegetables
- Vani at Fit for Free: Kale and Mushroom Pancakes
In the end, I asked the dear husband for some help in choosing. Since I don’t eat meat (except fish), I didn’t want my opinion to be biased and he eats everything so I knew he would pick a good one. He reviewed the recipes and the one I was secretly pulling for was the one he chose!
The winner is….Sarah from Tales of Expansion for her Kale Crust Pizza! Overall, we both agreed that Sarah’s use of kale was the most creative. On top of that, we are both pizza lovers and we thought this was an excellent way to make it healthier. I’m sure you will be seeing this again and again around these parts 🙂
Congratulations, Sarah! Email me at whatiateyesterday [at] gmail dot com and we will discuss your prize!
And now, I pass the BSI torch onto one of my favorite bloggers Sweetie Pie at Just Sweet Enough. Sweetie Pie is new on the food blogging front and with her gorgeous photos, fabulous recipes and witty writing, I think she will soon become one of your favorites as well!
Filed under: Uncategorized |